There are advantages and disadvantages of putting one large panel vs. splitting it into smaller panels especially for combi blinds.
|Multiple Sets of Combi Blinds in One Large Window - Makati, Philippines|
The advantages of putting one large combi blinds panel are:
- There are no gaps between blinds. This means no light will penetrate the gap that to some customers are important especially those who wakes up late in the morning. This is one of the most important reason why you would want to put one large blinds panel in a big window.
- In a horizontally oriented blinds such as combi blinds, putting one large panel creates a widening illusion that makes a room, well, a bit wider than when you split it into multiple panels. The effect is enhanced due to a continuous unbroken horizontal panels of the blind.
- It's a lot heavier to pull-up and control.
- If for some reason (e.g. kids misusing) the combi blinds breaks or had a problem (e.g. in its mechanism), the whole blinds will need to be repaired leaving your whole window exposed.
- There is a maximum width a combi blinds can be customized. Usually it's 2.4m or 2.8m wide depending on the fabric. Also, some fabrics are prone to warping and bending so DS Windows & Walls blinds specialist will advise you if the fabric is prone to warping and not advisable for a wide window panel.
|Combination Blinds installed in Large Window - Makati City|
- It is easier to handle. Pulling one panel all the way up is easy and lighter.
- You have the option to have partial opening. Say for example you have 4 multiple smaller panels, you have the option to have 2 panels opened and 2 panels half-way closed. In one large combi blinds panel, this is not possible.
- If for some reason one panel gets damaged and needed repair, you still have a few more panels in good condition unlike if you only have one large panel that gets damaged the whole blinds needs to be replaced/fix/removed.
|Combi Blinds For Large Windows - Bel-air, Makati City Philippines|